Skip to content Skip to sidebar Skip to footer

Meeting of the RegionalGovernor of Central Macedonia, Mr Apostolos Tzitzikostas with the American producers of the new Hollywood film production “Tin Soldier”, which starts shooting in Thessaloniki today (May 24, 2022)

Mr. Tzitzikostas held a meeting with the producers of the film “Tin Soldier”, Mr Steven Chasman and Mr Keith Kjarval, in the presence of the Deputy Governor of Tourism, Mr Alexandros Thanos. After the meeting, the Regional Governor announced to local press all the details of the shooting of the new film and the significant benefits from film productions shot in Central Macedonia. In fact, as announced by the Regional Governor, it is estimated that the total revenue of the four films that were shot in Thessaloniki during the previous year exceeded 60 million euros in the local economy.

Tin Soldier ‘ is the fourth Hollywood film to be shot in our area. It is an action film, starring big Hollywood names, such as Robert De Niro, Jamie Foxx , Scott Eastwood and many other stars, who will be in our region for the next 50 days as filming continues until July 25th. The film will be shot mainly in Thessaloniki at a rate of 80% and the remaining 20% in Drama. Its budget is 38 million euros and filming is planned to take place at YMCA building in the center of Thessaloniki, at the Thermi Dam, in the area of Halkedona and at Millennium Media’s studios in Thermi.

Every month we come closer to the goal we have set. The films’ benefits for the local economy, for jobs, for the businesses involved in the audiovisual sector are extremely important. We have calculated that all four film productions that filmed in our area have left more than 60 million euros in the economy of Thessaloniki and of Central Macedonia. Audiovisual productions are therefore a growing force of development for Central Macedonia, just as we envisioned three years ago, when we created and operated the first regional Film Office in Greece. It is a structure that supports every effort to shoot a film in our area. We started pre-production for this particular film several months ago. We are here to continue our effort not only to make Central Macedonia an international center for audiovisual productions of all kind, but also to promote our country through films, in order to achieve multiple benefits for our region”, Mr. Tzitzikostas pointed out.

Περιφέρεια Κεντρικής Μακεδονίας

Αυτοτελές Τοπικό Γραφείο Διευκόλυνσης Οπτικοακουστικών Παραγωγών (Film Office)


26ης Οκτωβρίου 64, 546 27 Θεσσαλονίκη

+30 2313 319263 [Α. Μυλωνάκη – Aναπληρώτρια προϊσταμένη]
+30 2313 319164 [Δ. Αρβανίτου – Σύμβουλος παραγωγών & συντονίστρια ο/α έργων]                                    +30 2313 319326 [Χ. Ζέζιου – Συνεργάτης  τεχνικής υποστήριξης]

Developed by STANDARD GASTON SOLUTIONS © 2023. All Rights Reserved

Region of Central Macedonia

Film Office – Central Macedonia


64, 26th Octovriou Str, 54627 Thessaloniki, Greece

+30 2313 319263 [A. Milonaki –  Head of Film Office-Central Macedonia]
+30 2313 319164 [D. Arvanitou – production support advisor & project co-ordinator]

Developed by STANDARD GASTON SOLUTIONS © 2023. All Rights Reserved

You cannot copy content of this page